Social Ministry Recognizing that while our community begins here at St. Joseph the call of the Gospel is to expand our understanding of who makes up that community. Is it the stranger, the widow, the migrant worker, foreigners, or even our enemies? Of course, it is all of these. St. Joseph's Social Outreach then needs to address many levels of community; our own parish, our city, our state, the world.
The strategic planning group is currently developing goals for Social Ministry. In the meantime here are various existing efforts at building community:
- Annulment Advocates, healing the wounds formed through broken relationships.
- Community Outreach Programs, a summary of our efforts, not to convert others, but to serve them no matter who or where.
- Eco Justice, an effort at recognizing our footprint on this world - and out growth of the JustFaith program.
- JustFaith, a series that broadens our understanding of justice issues world wide.
Companions In Ministry
These are outside organizations, non-profits, that work to support people in need. Many St. Joseph parishioners have found that working with these organizations have given them new understandings of their faith and the world.
National and International efforts
* These groups have established links into parish life on our campus.