Children's Faith Formation 2
Sacramental Preparation Year 2 (CFF2)
Here is a what you need to know for the 2012/2013 school year:
Only those who completed the CFF 1 program may register for the 2012/2013 CFF 2 class. If you missed CFF 1 last year, then please go to the CFF 1 information page to register for the first year in order to have your child receive both sacraments next year. Thank you.
To fully comply with the Archdiocesan policies, all books, materials, and immediate sacramental preparation for both sacraments will be provided via the parish. Families will receive a combination of books, online and group instruction for First Reconciliation in the fall and First Eucharist in the winter and spring. Please see the details below:
CFF2 ACTIVITIES and DATES
- Regular Saturday vigil or Sunday morning Mass participation. MagnifiKids provided weekly at all masses in the vestibule area.
- Family Mass & Meal Series:
CFF 2 First Reconciliation Preparation CLASSES for ALL children (non-parish school, parish
- Saturday, September 29th 5 PM Mass & Dinner, Wyckoff Gym
- Sunday, December 9th 9 AM Mass & Breakfast, Social Hall
- Saturday, February 9th 2013 5 PM Mass & Dinner, Social Hall
school, private and homeschooled parishioners:
- First Reconciliation Parent & Child Workshop on Saturday, October, 20th from 9 AM to 11:30 AM
- Weekly Home Lessons beginning in October
- CFF 2 First Reconciliation Rehearsal on Thursday, November 29th, 6 PM to 7:30 PM
- CFF 2 First Reconciliation Service on Saturday, December 1st, at 10 AM
4. CFF 2 First Eucharist Preparation CLASSES for ALL children (non-parish school, parish school,
private and homeschooled parishioners):
- Home & Mass Binders beginning in February
- Child Only Workshop--your choice of 1 class on: February 26, 27, or 28; binder check
- CFF 2 First Eucharist Parent & Child Workshop Retreat on Saturday, March 23rd, 9 AM to Noon
- CFF 2 First Eucharist Rehearsal Thursday, April 18th from 6 PM to 7:30 PM
- First Eucharist Weekend: Families will only participate in one of the following masses. Communication will be sent in the second half of the year for mass time requests:
- Saturday, April 20th at 5 PM or Sunday, April 21st at 9 AM or 11 AM
If you are a parishioner who's child does NOT attend our parish school, then you will continue to participate in all "Activities and Dates" listed above, and regularly attend Sunday school on Sunday mornings. Sunday School attendance is important and participation is necessary in order to learn, create and support your classmates. You will be contacted by the Director if you miss more than 3 classes.
CFF 2 classes are from 10:10 AM to 11 AM.
The first Sunday school class is Sunday, October 7, 2012.
If you are a parishioner whose child DOES attend St. Joe's PARISH SCHOOL, then you will participate in all the "Activities & Dates" listed above and NOT the regular Sunday School classes.
Online Registration forms and payment options may be found here. There is a $100 annual fee for CFF 2. Financial assistance is available.
Contact: Dottie Farewell via phone at (206)965-1652 or email