Ways to Donate
Pathways of Support
We are grateful for your support of St. Joseph Parish! For over a century, St. Joseph has been here: serving people in faith, educating the young with hope, and engaging the world with the love of Christ Jesus and the power of the Gospel. Together, we ensure that our century-old commitment will endure.
Below are a few examples of the many ways our friends support our parish.
For more information or assistance in making your gift, please don't hesitate to contact Tina O'Brien, Pastoral Assistant for Stewardship and Development at (206) 965-1654 or stewardship@
Make an Immediate Impact
- Gifts of appreciated securities, stocks and bonds provide considerable tax advantages when transferred to St. Joseph Parish before they are sold. Learn More on the Seattle Archdiocese planned giving pages or by contacting Tina O'Brien via email or via phone at (206) 965-1654
- Recurring gifts can help sustain your impact through regular and consistent contributions to St. Joseph Parish. You can arrange for gifts to come to the parish through electronic fund transfer, set up your credit card to be charged a certain amount at a frequency of your choosing or use the donation form provided by the parish. To make a gift via EFT or credit card, click here. To print a donation form to mail-in, click here. It is most helpful when our friends to give via electronic fund transfer directly from the bank as there are no fees incurred with each transaction.
- In-kind gifts can provide items that our community partners desperately need such as toiletries, paper products, baby items, clothing, and the like. Contact our outreach partners regarding contributions of goods and services, or bring food items to Mass for our special collections.
Grow Your Contribution Over Time
Gift pledges are formal statements of intention to make a gift. Each year, every family in our community pledges what they are able. With a pledge, you may complete your gift by making regular payments over time. Each payment on your pledge is eligible for an income-tax deduction.
- Endowed gifts are safely invested to generate income in perpetuity, providing you an opportunity to make a lasting impact. Gifts can be directed towards an area of service (liturgy, faith formation, social outreach, building and grounds, etc), or to greatest need.
- Company Matching Gifts double or sometimes triple the impact of your individual gift. To find out if your employer offers a matching gift program, contact your employer's personnel office and request a matching gift form. Complete and mail to St. Joseph Parish at 732 18th Ave E. Seattle, WA 98112. Retirees may be eligible also.
- Designate your United Way pledge to ensure that your donations go directly to St. Joseph Parish in Seattle, tax identification number EIN# 91-0588423.
Creating a Lasting Legacy
- Giving through your will or trust offers a way to support the mission of St. Joseph Parish for generations while meeting your current financial needs. For suggested bequest language to provide to your advisors, click here. To learn more on the Seattle Archdiocese planned giving pages or by contacting Tina O'Brien via email or by phone (206) 965-1654.
- Income Gifts allow you to make a gift and receive income back - for you or a loved one. there are several ways to accomplish this tailored to your personal goals. Learn more on the Seattle Archdiocese planned giving pages or by contacting Tina O'Brien via email or by phone (206) 965-1654.
- Other creative gift plans provide opportunities to transfer ownership of your home, farm or other treasured asset to ensure your dream of helping others is met. Learn More on the Archdiocese planned giving pages or by contacting Tina O'Brien via email or by phone (206) 965-1654.
Recognize a Special Time or Person
- Memorial Gifts can be made in honor of a family member, friend, fellow volunteer or other person special to you.